Zimele’s Silver Real Estate Management package provides comprehensive building, land and lease management solution. A solution which includes the capabilities to search for vacant spaces, recover cost from internal and external occupants, service agreement management, turnover rental and maintenance & repairs. This functionality will be across multiple industries all integrated to accounting with real-time financial reporting. This package will give a single view of the same objects from different angles for example: real estate management, financial accounting, maintenance etc.
The silver package can also be used as an accelerator for any company looking to implement a Real Estate Management solution. The accelerator is based on industry best practice and will be the baseline for the implementing company.
The Property Management solution will benefit clients who want to:
• Optimise spatial management
• Improve contract management for Customer and Vendor contracts
• Service provider contract management
• Retail managers for turn over rental
• Finance for internal cost recovery
• All companies that need to comply with IFRS 16 accounting standards
• Utilizing the Silver package will give business the following benefits:
• Improved analysis and management of immovable real estate assets
• Automated lease administration and management processes to increase efficiency, reduce errors, segregation of duty and avoid penalties.
• Streamline the processes of defining, allocating, and approving portfolio costs with direct connection unto accounts payable and receivable.
• Improve the process of charging back costs and issuing invoices to reduce administrative expense.
• Manage / track space occupancy of internal and external occupants.
• Manage shared use space to increase efficiency
The Zimele AMI Integration Framework guides the client to which systems components are required to integrate
various the metering solutions
The framework’s main components are:
• Billing Engine – which represents the backend environment
• Integration Components – which represents the link between the backend system and metering solutions
• Meter Solutions – which incorporates the non-smart and smart meters
• The Mobility Component – is a real-time communication channel to the consumer which allows the consumer to access information on the go
• Meter Data Management Systems (Plug n Play Scada Solution) – which transports data from meters or head-end system to the billing system
The Bronze Real Estate Management packages includes the following components:
Master Data Management
Master data are the agreed business objects which are shared across the enterprise. It covers static reference data, transactional, unstructured, analytical, hierarchical and metadata. It reflects the detail within a real estate structure. For example: the highest level in a real estate structure is the complex and the lowest level is a specific room on a floor.
Lease / Contract Management
Lease management provides the ability to manage lease agreement with vendors, customers and internal cost centers. The contract imitates the physical paper lease agreement on the system, it tracks the duration of the lease, renewal and termination options, business partners (who is the customer or who is the vendor), all clauses, financial charges agreed on the lease and critical date reminders to assist with efficient management of the lease.
Financial accounting enables companies to generate financial statements such as balance sheets or profit and loss statements for reporting and analysis. Accounting includes General Ledger Accounts contains all of the company's transaction data in a chart of accounts, accounts payable involves payments to the vendor and the management thereof, and accounts receivable manages the customer and the billing process etc.
Controlling supports processes to plan, report on, and monitor costs from business operations. Controlling is instrumental in improving the company's profitability. Key functions within controlling is the Cost Elements that provides an overview of all the company's costs and revenues based on profit and loss statements, Cost Centers deals with the costs associated with the company's internal divisions or departments and the Profit Centers that handles all of the cost data related to the company's business lines.
Functionality that provides full end-to-end performance tracking across tiers, while maintaining the performance history. User specific data sets are used for reporting purposes and it also includes mass processing tools.
Customers, vendors and service providers are all created as partners. These partners are used in accounts payable and accounts receivable to process financial transactions. Business partners have the functionality to contain all partners details, banking details, communication method and address.
The design includes multiple roles. The access and authorisation will be used as a security check as well as segregation of duty. The segregation of duty forms part of the audit generals’ criteria thus best practice dictates multiple roles for creation and approval.
Standard reports will enable management reporting that includes reports for Real Estate objects, contracts, related components, financial and controlling touch points, business partner and reminder dates. The standard reports all run in real time.
Custom reports can be build using standard technology like Business Objects to enhance our reporting needs.
Document management System
DMS is used to manage business documents, this importance of document management to a day to day business operations plays a key role. Below are the benefits for document management system:
• Check-in / check out functionality
• Search document facility
• Linking of the documents to other objects
• Version management
This component contains the functionality for settling all service charges for real estate contracts and rental objects including the internal settlement of operating costs and utility expenses. Service Charge Settlement is used to distribute apportionable costs to tenants for a particular settlement period, using individual control mechanisms.
Real Estate Search This component provides users with the capability to search for vacant rental objects and find suitable prospects for rental objects, or vice versa. The user will enter specific search criteria and the system will return all the vacant spaces that coincides with the criteria.
Sales Based Rent
Sales Based Rent provides functions for settling turnover rent agreements in a real estate contract based on the sales reported by tenants on a monthly bases. Once a year the annual settlement will be generated and posted, it will be compared to the sales certificate. Sales Based Rental allows companies to charge standalone turnover rental charges or compare it with basic rental to determine which is higher.
Maintenance and Repairs
Using native integration to assign the maintenance functional location to the real estate object. This assist with locating the incident and recording the cost incurred with the maintenance incident against the building profit center. In addition to the above-mentioned maintenance and repairs also allows for the following:
• Creation of notifications or malfunctions reports from RE objects
• Performance of the maintenance tasks
• Control of PM orders in RE-FX reports
• CO settlement of costs to RE objects
Real Estate Manage have the functionality to store all the contracts relating to services for a building provided that the characteristics of those contracts are the same as those of a lease. For example: an agreement with Steiner Hygiene has the same characteristics as an agreement; it contains charges, a duration and the vendor that is supplying the service.
All the above-mentioned functionality will be preconfigured and loaded into the correct software instance. Based on the customers’ needs, the system will be modified to adequately cater to all requirement. Additional functionality is available on the click of a button in section “AddOn Features”.